Many businesses from time to time start to ask themselves whether they are operating the right accounting software for their business, especially through time of growth or change. The good news is that you are not stuck with the one accounting system for the whole life of your business.
Your accounting system should change as does your business, if it becomes more complex or grows your accounting software should also change to keep up with the businesses demand. If you find yourself asking some or all of these questions you should look at upgrading;
1. I am not getting the right reports from my system
2. I have some complex processes which are not catered for
3. My chart-of-account and reports no longer make sense
4. Price continues to increase but I am unsure what I am getting
The start of a financial year is always a great time to look at changing your accounting system, there are many strategies on how to bring data across and how much detail. From converting a whole accounting year at a transaction level to simple opening balances, there is a solution for all businesses.
It is important you choose an accounting system which suits your business and will grow with your business and complexity. Look at choosing a system which can;
1. Grow with your business
2. Has adaptable applications which can be integrated and help you run your business
3. Provides you the level of data and reports that can be used to make decision
4. Is user friendly and gives you a quick snapshot on the performance of your business
Another item to be aware is that many software options provide different levels of functionality, from entry level with limited transactions to multi-currency, multi employee top of the line functionality. Not only choose the software which suits you now, but one which may become useful in the future. Taken into consideration that some upgrades require a full conversion rather than a simple software upgrade.
Omnia Bookkeeping specialise in software conversion and are partnered with QuickBooks, Xero and MYOB to provide you the solution you need. Ask us now which software application best fits your business now and in the future.